1996 - 2003
1996 - 1997
- Aurélie PotinSuau gathers musicians in Montpellier and creates Black Metal band Suspiria. She is then a guitarist/composer/author. They record a demo together.
- Loïc Tézénas is a solo guitarist in Progressive Metal band Kalisia in Montpellier. Release of their Ep 'Skies' with Adipocère records.
- Aurélie and Loïc start working together here and then for Suspiria. First recordings in home-studio.
1998 - 2003
- In 1999, Suspiria becomes Chrysalis.
Their music has evolved from melodic Black Metal to melodic and progressive Death Metal. Mixing of genres is already in the picture.
Among the many changes of line-up, Loïc will take part in the band from time to time.
- 2000 : Ep 'Between Strength and Frailty' by Chrysalis, released by Adiopocère Records.
- Shows in France
- 2000 : First demo from duet Aurélie/Loïc under bandname Bliss. It was a mix of Progressive Rock and electronic music.
- Shows in France with Bliss, and session musicians: cellist, guitarist, drummer and keyboard player. The result of this collaboration is catchy, original and encouraging.
- 2003 : recording of Bliss' second demo..
- 2003 : Aurélie decides to stop her activities with Chrysalis / Loïc decides to stop his activities with Kalisia.
2003 - 2004
- 2003 : Aurélie and Loïc have forged a new musical style through the years thanks to their respective and common activities.
They decide to start a new project that will be called EILERA (after Aurélie's artist name).
The two musicians will work together on the new songs.
Aurélie switches from guitar to voice for her main instrument.
- Recording of the demo/Album 'Facettes'. Pop sound and structures, Metal roots, electronic sounds here and there and Celtic influences.
- First shows in acoustic version with a cellist and percussions.
- November 2003: Artist Marc-Joseph Sigaud asks for Eilera to play live during the projection of his short-movie "Etre Humain". The evening will be a success.
The visual qualities in Eilera's songs especially will be highlighted at this event.
- Acoustic showcase in FNAC, in Montpellier.
Regional TV channel France 3 broadcast the event.
- May 2004: Eilera and Spinefarm records sign a Record deal.
2003 - 2004
- Internet promotion
- National Distribution deal signed with Musicast
- December 2003: Famous Finnish record company Spinefarm Records express their interest for Eilera's work
//'Inside my Cave' Video
- First video, for single 'Inside my Cave'
//Production Deal with Spinefarm Records (Finland)
- December 2004 : Production deal signed with Spinefarm Records.
//'Precious Moment' - Ep
- Recording in March of the 'Precious Moment' Ep in Hip Studio, Helsinki.
- First collaborations with Finnish producer Hiili Hiilesmaa (HIM, Sentenced, 69 Eyes...), Mika Jussila at mastering (Finnvox Studio, Helsinki), cellist Max Lilja (ex-Apocalyptica, Tarja Turunen), violonist Laura Airola, famous drummer Antti Lehtinen; bassist/producer Pasi Heikkilä, Scotish fiddle player Ian McCamy and several others.
- This new style that is being introduced to the Melodic Metal scene has some good impact, especially within the French and German specialized press. This is the beginning of the mixing of Folk music with Rock/Metal, with catchy structures and original and charismatic female voice.
- Interviews, poster, reviews.
//Single 'Fusion' on Finnish TV
- A few days after the Ep had been released, the song 'Fusion' was picked for a trailer by a Finnish national TV channel.
//Composing of album 'Fusion'
- May to December 2005: composing of the album to come.
2006 - 2007
- March to December 2006: Recording sessions of the album 'Fusion' in Finnvox Studio, Helsinki / home studio, Montpellier. Mastering in Finnvox Studio.
Eilera sits in the producer's chair.
- September 2007: Official release of 'Fusion'.
//Video for 'Fusion' single
- Shooting of the 'Fusion' video in Finland with film director Jukka Salo.
- Reaction of press is once again very good (see press section) and again centered on France and Germany.
- Appearance on a show on 7LTV, Montpellier and region.
- But: French promoter quits the business. Eilera's agent within Spinefarm is one of the people to be fired by Universal (that bought Spinefarm in the meantime)...
//Tour in Finland
- Eilera gathers a band in Helsinki. Loïc joins them and together they tour in Finland.
2008 - 2009
//End of deal with Spinefarm Records
- End of a collaboration that doesn't make sense anymore with Spinefarm Records.
//'Darker Chapter...and stars' Demo
- Recording in France of a first demo entitled ‘The Forbidden Material’. It explores a more ‘spontaneous Rock’ direction. It will pave the way for the next stage
- Recording of the demo for 'Darker Chapter...and stars'.
- Jan Sormo becomes an official band member. Jan was the bassist in the band during the Finland tour.
//'Darker Chapter...and stars'
- Recording of 'Darker Chapter…and stars Part1' in several home-studios from south of France to Helsinki.
Old friends appear as special guests on the recording: fiddle players Tony Canton and Laura Airola; cellist Max Lilja.
- Elaboration of a digital concept for the release of the new songs.
Décembre 2009 - Avril 2010
- Official release of 'Darker Chapter...and stars - Part1' 2 songs at a time. Each song is presented with its very own personality, its story and its pictures. They are sold on http://www.eilera.com.
- First shows that include new songs in December, in France.
- First contacts with press via a secured ipool internet page for a listening.
- Eilera are currently getting ready for more shows.
- Eilera Team organize a tour.
- Eilera and band play in some of the main medium-sized venues in France and up to Belgium.
September - November 2010
//Recording of -Part2
- The drums will be recorded in a small local studio -Vertic Studio- in South of France. The drums will be played by the Jean Ferry, who toured with Eilera in the previous months.
- The bass and the cello will be recorded by Jan Sormo and Max Lilja (ex-Apocalyptica, Tarja Turunen) in two different home-studios in Helsinki.
- The guitars and the vocals will be recorded by Loïc Tézénas and Eilera in two different home-studios in South of France.
- Eilera will be asked to be support act on Skyclad's unique show in France on their 20 years anniversary tour.
- Eilera will play one more electric show in Montpellier after that.
- Preparation for an exceptional acoustic show in Montpellier: with cellist William Thierry as special guest.
//Mix, mastering and production of -Part2
- Part2 will be mixed by Hiili Hiilesmaa (producer of HIM, 69 Eyes, Sentenced... with whom Eilera had worked before).
- Part2 will ve mastered by Svante Forsbäck. (Rammstein, Apocalyptica)
- Producer of -Part2: Eilera.
//Special webpage/digital page for -Part2
- James Van N Guyen and Eilera worked together again to create a special webpage where -Part2 can be sold. This webpage steps into modernism and the digital era without sacrificing depth. "Modernism Yes, Superficiality, No."
//December 20th: Release of -Part2
- Each song can now be bought on www.eilera.com exclusively, and can be heard while reading its story, looking at its pictures; before watching Eilera and her band-members' interview.